Saturday 30 October 2010

MPV Review : SNSD Hoot

Sorry for not blogging much although November is coming. November will be a busy month for me so I'm glad SNSD is back before November!

Music



When I first listen, I didn't have much thought. It's just good, and I have nothing bad to say. I like the mixture of modern beats incorporating with the spy music. A clever sampling technique to fit the whole concept of the song. The voices are expressive as it fits the emotion of the song. It's a little theatrical but subtle. The "hoot" part started as annoying (which funnily reminds me of an owl) but as I listen more of it, it's catchy!

Level of Likeness : 8/10

Performance



The stage could have been better and the outfits were my least favorite! I really love the choreography! It's so fun to watch and I am already imagining gagman to parody this later on! The girls looks so gorgeous..It seem our dear Hyoyeon didn't get much screen time again, mr. cameraman(or woman)..I tried so hard to find her! Seohyun eyes are still dull, I want more emotion in her eyes but I can see she's trying. Sunny's blonde hair didn't quite suit her...

Level of Likeness :8/10

Video



I think the video is perfect. I wasn't expecting Choi SiWon..ehehe and he did great! I was hoping the other guy was Heechul! I love the lift concept, I felt like everyone has an equal amount time on screen! The background is probably too colorful but I like it. My only complaint would be the lighting..it made the video is a yellowish hue..which isn't a nice color tone, but I guess it adds a vintage feel to it.

Level of Likeness : 10/10

Overall Success : A

(grades ranging from A+ to C-)

Credits to : SM Entertainment
Reviewed by : HallyuSurfer

p/s I just realize something. This is my last MPV Review of 2010! Whether or not I'm going to review this year other comeback/debut I'm not sure. I hope you enjoyed my not so professional review, in the same time I like to apologize if I had hurt anyone's feeling through my reviews. Thank you.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...