Tuesday 5 October 2010

MPV Review : Wheesung I even thought of marriage

Back when I didn't know much about Asian music, I once watched WheeSung on MTV and didn't like his voice. I don't like the tone of his voice, it's very deep that it sound fake. With just that one song, I avoid his music. As I become more aware of Kpop music information, I notice a lot of people praise WheeSung voice in comments so out of curiosity I check it out again. I find it hard to like his voice but I love his song so it leads me into liking him.

Music


The intro was good enough to pull me to listen the whole song. The rhythm of the song is very theatrical, it feels like it could fit in a musical show. The orchestra instruments execute a dynamic feel on the song that it gives more emotion of this song. I love the composition of this song though the lyrics can be improved. The introduction become odd as it's a little too hip hop.

Level of Likeness : 9/10


The performance was a little boring. I wish he played a little bit with the choreography to make it more classy instead of RnB. The only good thing I could say is his vocal is amazing. I do think he stresses on the singing more because you could see his vein while belting out.

Level of Likeness : 8/10

Video


I've said this countless of time, I want story line in MV. I don't know how else am I to comment on this video because it's all about the dance and outfits only while I already did that in performance. A MV should be at least have an elaborate sets if they're going to this kind of video. I have seen similar sets countless of time and it bores me.

Level of Likeness : 4/10

Overall Success : A-

(grades ranging from A+ to C-)

Credits to : Orange Shock Entertainment (correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure)
Reviewed by : HallyuSurfer

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...