Friday 29 October 2010

My Kpop list part 2

I'm really not satisfied with the previous post and had to make some changes. It's a good read for me for future reference in case I might need it. So here's part two!

This time I make it simple, with just top 10

10. Romantic by SHINee

Forget about the awful Engrish ("Still I have romantic in my heart"...Really?) this song is beautifully compose with some addictive elements. Was it the voice made the song so timeless or perhaps the music was very romantic? When I first heard it, I cringed. I love Engrish but not on romantic ballad songs. Though I think more about it, it's actually charming. You stuttered when you're confessing your love and this Engrish is probably just the silly mistake you make.

9. Into the New World by SNSD

To be honest, I didn't find this very addicting..I got bored after a few listen. I forget all about it until I saw an interview about the lyrics of the songs. This song happens to be the debut song of SNSD and it's a really great debut song. I believe this song made SNSD the group they are today. The lyrics are perfect without being cliche. I listen to this song whenever I need some confidence boost.

8. Tell Me Why by Untouchable feat. Hwayoung

Hip Hop and raps are definitely not my genre. There are days Hip Hop sounded great but most of the time I got bored easily. This song is the exception, I listen till I get sick of it. I did eventually and thought would never want to listen to this song anymore. It's more than a year already and I still listen to this song.

7. Wedding Dress by Tae Yang

First of all, I have to say sorry to the V.I.P. (especially to you) but Taeyang was my least favorite member. During the earlier days of Big Bang, I often saw Taeyang out of breath at his part and worse I have heard him crack in the high notes. It's pretty discouraging because vocalist doesn't have much part in Big Bang. I can't tolerate vocalist who can't sing well! If your title is vocalist, I expect no flaws at all. That all changed when he did this song. Wedding dress has been a great comeback. The song was made to fit his singing style and he deliver the emotion well. TaeYang improved a lot and I like him.

6. Ttok Ttok Ttok by 4Men

The song started with the chorus before the first verse was an interesting composition. I like the arrangement of the song because it makes the song have more familiarities. It a sweet confession song with a meaningful lyrics.

5. Gee by SNSD

If you say you love Kpop but you hate this song, let me just think you hate Kpop. You are not allowed to hate this song. How can you hate this song? I don't care what you think but this song defines Kpop. Why is this song no.5 then? Because it's MY list.

4. Holding Back the tears by DBSK

Yes, I didn't include this song on the previous list but DBSK has too many song for me to remember. Another reason, I wasn't think as hard like I am now to write this post. This song is the OST of the drama "Vacation". This song was written by my favorite idol, Micky Yoo Chun himself and yeah, by that very fact I listen to this song. I love the song itself tells a solemn story and now I couldn't hold the tears anymore. I'm just sad whenever it's a DBSK song.

3. Sorry Sorry by Super Junior

Top 3 isn't easy. I had a lot to think of but I finally decided that I had to include this song. This is another song that defines Kpop. It has all the element of what Kpop means. I believe many had become Kpop fans because of this song. This song has the auto-tune, the addictive hook, the cool dance moves that everyone wants to learn and not forgetting it was done by Super Junior.

2. Lies by Big Bang

How could I not include this guys? This song brought the new evolution of Kpop. Rappers got more parts and the usage of heavy bass and Auto-tune has become a staple beat of Kpop. Big Bang always had something fresh to bring to the Kpop industry and please Big Bang, do a comeback already!

1. Miracle by Super Junior

I may have talk about this song over and over already. This is the song that made me a Kpop fan. If I never heard of this song, I wouldn't be obsessed with Kpop. What is entertainment for you? To me, it's the pleasure of seeing the brotherly love among group members. My love for Super Junior is eternal. Although Han Geng is no longer with SuJu, I know he's always had Super Junior in his heart. Ki Bum maybe M.I.A. forever but I know he does that so other members can have more spotlight. I <3 SuJu.

There are so many songs I wished to be include in this list. I made this list with much thought and consideration. I tried to include songs from Bi or Boa who are legendary but that is not the Kpop I've come to love. It's MY list and that's the fact. Kpop maybe more famous for their dance choreography but what I love most about Kpop is the songs. Many have asked me, "How could you like Kpop when you don't even understand it?". I don't know how to explain it but Kpop makes me happy and laugh. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

@Gee: "If you say you love Kpop but you hate this song, let me just think you hate Kpop...I don't care what you think but this song defines Kpop."

Can't you say the same thing about Abracadabra?

HallyuSurfer said...

Nope. Abracadabra had a huge following but it's not as famous as Gee.

I like Abracadabra but I don't love it.

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...