Thursday 30 September 2010

MPV Review : Homme I was able to eat well

Homme is a collaboration of duo consist of 2AM's ChangMin and 8eight's Lee Hyun. Whoa notice the similarities already? I'm not too sure who to credit but both companies are affiliated. The title is interesting..and making me hungry.

Music



I love songs that starts with the chorus, it creates instant familiarity to the song. The song is a little pop, country and rock. It's an interesting mix that isn't usually found in Kpop. Lee Hyun's voice and Changmin's voice creates a soothing harmony. I initially thought their voice sound similar but I could tell the difference. I was hesitant to listen this because of the promotional pictures..I mean I don't expect ballad singers to show off their body. As Lee Seung Chul says, "singers should train the voice not just focusing on having the best body"

Level of Likeness : 8/10

Performance



If it's a dance song, I would like singers to sing exactly like they recorded. As for ballads, please do ad-libs. Performance is about giving the audience something extra to showcase better of your talent. The part where to look at each other is nice until they keep on talking about how they don't like it on variety shows. Some secrets should be kept. I keep on thinking the other person wants to laugh.

Level of Likeness : 6/10

Video



Probably other girls like it but I don't like the part the boys standing in front of the mirror together wearing only towels...Go away unwanted vision! And they have to show off their body...I really want to stop watching after that scene. I was glad to see Lee Chae Young in this video until she dances...I don't know what to think of it. Hahaha she stole the car, nice. I don't get the concept of the video..I haven't check the translation but I thought the song is about feeling relieve about something? Since the title say "I was able to eat well"....The video is totally confusing.

Level of Likeness : 5/10

Overall Success : B+

(grades ranging from A+ to C-)

Credits to : JYP Entertainment and Big Hit Entertainment
Reviewed by : HallyuSurfer

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...