Tuesday 7 September 2010

MPV Review : Se7en Better Together

Se7en is considered as a veteran in todays Kpop but I have to admit that it never struck me to listen to his song.. so that explain I delayed it. Purposely write this post today because it's 7th for pun intended. Though not coincidentally, I wrote this post at 7.21PM..gee that reminds me, 2NE1 is making a comeback too. Maybe this review would be good then. (Update: I just check my list..apparently this post is 198th post...so close!)

Music


Heavy bass, the atrocious auto-tune and weird special effect sound...OMG my ears are bleeding from all this technology sounds! From the intro, verse to the chorus..everything sound distinctly different. When it mesh up, I sort of like it.  There are some part I just mute it. Se7en is known as a great performer, I'm sure his fans are rather disappointed with the auto-tune. No one needs it, I rather hear American Idol reject voice than this auto-tune voice.

Level of Likeness : 6/10

Performance



You don't go expecting any less than perfect from Se7en and this performance solidify the statement. His movement is smooth like liquid and his expression is good. The performance is flawless.

Level of Likeness : 10/10

Video



Why...? Does it mean that having auto-tune in the song, the MV must have blinding neon lights? It's a trend I've observe that I thought it's just a coincidence. I dislike a MV without storyline. No matter how good you are in dance, I prefer at least a short storyline. Save it on your performance, it can create more excitement. The only thing that I like in this video is his expression, That's all.

Level of Likeness : 5/10

Overall Success : A-

(grades ranging from A+ to C-)

Credits to : YG Entertainment
Reviewed by : HallyuSurfer

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...