Sunday 18 July 2010

Idol Analysis : Name

While I'm no CEO of an entertainment company, I think selecting a group name would be the hardest part to do.

There's so many consideration you need to think of..it's like naming your child, except your naming a group. I've been doing group works a lot since school years..it's always hard to pick a group name because I'm so analytical that I want the name fits every personality in the group. So I always give in to whatever they want because I would want a week to decide..LOL

So if you were to ask me now to name a group..I can't give you the answer right away! My blog name, HallyuSurfer took about a week to come up. The tagline was changed a couple of times before I settle with "Unleashing the Obsession".

That's my story..you know I take serious consideration in names, so understand me why I comment on certain group names.

List of Names I like

1. Dong Bang Shin Ki
2. ShinHwa
3. So Nyuh Si Dae
4. Super Junior
5. Cheong Sang Ji Hee

Notice the similarities..? With the exception of SuJu..who only there because of my biasness, all the names above are Korean. I always like Korean names better because I don't have to think about the meaning.

List of Name I dislike

1. f(x)
2. SHINee
3. 2NE1
4. ZE:A
5. 4Minute

Basically..as a writer, I don't like names that are hard to type..SHINee is just troublesome...I would be fine if it's Shinee. f(x) tops the list because I never fail to get it wrong! I love f(x) by concept but to type it? I hate it. I actually really like ZE:A name compare to the original one, Children of Empire is simply too long! 4Minute..I dislike it because I don't get it.

List of Name that I laugh

1. Teen Top
2. After School
3. MBLAQ
4. Fin.K.L.
5. H.O.T.

Abbreviation, I hope there won't be anymore of it...if there is, please do it like MBLAQ, because I hate ............. ARGH!!!! MBLAQ is funny because the meaning is Music Boys Living in Absolute Quality. After School name just doesn't fit the group style..that's why I laugh! I was going to add B2ST but they're using Beast so it's okay..it's better if it's "Boys of EAst Standing Tall" rather than "Boys 2 Search Top" LOL

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...